INTERIOR DESIGNER – REMODELING
The Interior Designer for the Remodeling Division will work closely with the Director of Design /Sales to provide a superior client experience through collaboration with the design team, pre-contract and client post-contract. The Interior Designer position is critical to the completion of the pre-construction portion of every project as it relates to the Selections Process (confirmation of materials). As a continuing presence, the Interior Designer role is meant to ensure an exceptional client experience through assisting Production to project completion, as required. In addition, the Interior Designer will assist with other tasks related to strengthening the division’s market presence as well as efficiency. The Interior Designer will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work through collaborative work with fellow employees and professional communication with external clients, vendors, and partners.
- Collaborate with Design Team during design concept stage – provide assistance as delegated by Director of Design. Work with Remodeling team at all critical internal milestone meetings as related to updating redlines for scope, plans and specifications. Support Production Team inquiries, requests and verifications when sought by Project Managers
- Assist in Specification writing during pre-contract sales/design process.
- Prepare, organize and lead all client selection meetings while focusing on satisfying all selection-based verifications (i.e. flooring, windows, siding, shingles, stone, fireplace, doors, millwork, tile, plumbing fixtures, paint, light fixtures, hardware, etc.)
- Attend offsite selection meetings as necessary. Prepare Price Requests for Estimating during Selections Process. Review Selections Process Change Order with client and obtain sign-off. Input all selections into BuilderTrend online software. Schedule and lead post-selection meeting with entire team to align and update Select Process outcome – provide redlines and summary.
- Schedule and attend Pre-Construction meeting (final review) onsite with client and Project Manager onsite before construction begins. Conduct critical jobsite verification walks at project milestones (i.e. electrical rough-in, tile installation, etc.)
- Provide clients a la carte service for furnishings/accessories (select and provide). Arrange logistics for delivery and placement of furnishings/accessories.
- Coordinate and schedule finished project photoshoots with Marketing Department. Maintain and organize Remodeling photo database – include new content when available.
- Interface with existing vendors at all opportunities to update and understand material offerings. Seek out new materials/vendors to constantly expand material offering.
- BA in Interior Design or equivalent experience and education
- 5-year minimum experience, preference in Interior Design and Remodeling Construction industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chief Architect or equivalent
- Requires typing, confidence in speaking with clients and excellent listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
WORKING CONDITIONS: physical requirements & equipment use
- Light work, exerting up to 40 lbs. of force or less.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and ability to identify/distinguish colors.
- 85% of time requires viewing and working at computer screen
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines
- Travel 20%–local to visit job sites